Monday, October 20, 2008

a sad F1 story


Few months ago, a friend of mine asked me to go with her to the Bahamas on Christmas. She was paying for the whole fair and we haven't met for a while. I guess it was her surprise that I apologized as I won't be able to do that. The reason was simple. My student VISA has expired for a while. and I thought that this will not enable me to leave the continental US and come back. So I apologized to that friend and we went in our lives.

Recently I was doing some research on the procedures I need to take to renew my VISA. I discovered that my F1 VISA, even though it has expired, will never be a basis to deny me coming back to Florida after visiting Canada, Mexico, The Bahamas, and many other islands nearby. As long as my I-20 was maintained in the proper way. So I guess this was one of those moments where God's invisible hand was the upper hand. I will never know if not taking that trip with that friend , whom is enjoying the company of her new bf these days, would have changed my life to the better or to the worse. But it will definitely give me some story to tell.

No comments: