Thursday, November 27, 2008

Kitab Fi Jarida

One of the most fortunate incidents of my youth back in Jordan is being exposed to "Kitab Fi Jarida" (a book in a newspaper). Where you get a free book printed in a tabloid form. This great feast of culture is selected by a group of most known and respectable Arabic intellects. Kitab Fi Jarida helped me grow intellectually to a great extent as it offers a cheap and reliable source for Arabic culture.

Unfortunately I had to get disconnected from Kitab Fi Jarida when I moved abroad. This bitterness came to an end when I found out that they are now publishing their production online www.kitabfijarida.com. So now any Arabic reader would still get the chance to enjoy their cultural products. The website still has few pitfalls in terms of it didn't cover all their serier back to the beginning. And that it is hard to go over the books without first downloading them as a PDF. open the document, then see what the title of the book is. To overcome the second difficulty, I will be using this blog as a memoir for the number of issues that I particularly enjoy and hence recommend.

115
121

No comments: